GMS 400 Lecture 8: GMS400 LECTURE 8 Notes business to business bidding for projects

81 views2 pages
GMS400- Business to business Bidding
The company bidding on the project (bombardier) has to come up with the finance for the project,
certain percentage, to buy the equipment. The other company (TTC) has to say how much of the project
can be financed by them.
Bid closing date and location- precise, cannot be a second late or else will be considered cheating or
bribing.
Technical evaluation- The company has to check to see if the bid meets the tech specs that was given to
them. If they are compliant or giving better specs. It cannot be worse. Once that is met, is compliant,
you check the financial aspect of the bid.
A fiaial pakage iludes the pie ad ho it ill e fiaed. Pie is’t the deteiing factor, they
could have higher price but lower financing. This can really made or break a deal.
If the opay is’t i tade fais they likely ot get seleted as o oe eally kos aout the.
Get someone from the bidding company to stay there and get to know them. Bring them to your
facilities. An organization in Canada pays for the going and bring of people to encourage trade.
Make sue the opay eds up o the peualified iddes list. If you do’t, do ot gie up. Sed the
big guns. Important senior people who probably held important positions, or get your government to
fight fo you. Do’t gie up, get i thee a fight. Coie the you ae the est.
Have the capacity, or can increase the capacity deliver on time. Or your reputation is in line. Bad
references for future projects.
Governments buy 80% of the worlds purchases. Including infrastructure. The government wants to save
face. The bidders keep extra things in their back pockets to add during the later stages of the bid. You try
not to just cut the price/cost.
Offsets used to be demanded by developing countries. If they were going to buy tanks from you, you
offset that by building a school or doing something beneficial for the society.
Arranging sufficient and attractive financing-
The bid process.
What happens if the bidder gets bumped from the prequalified list.
What are potential sources of information for the purchasing company?
What is the order in which bids are evaluated? Is price the most important? No because there can be
other benefits to your bid. Better specs better financing.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

The company bidding on the project (bombardier) has to come up with the finance for the project, certain percentage, to buy the equipment. The other company (ttc) has to say how much of the project can be financed by them. Bid closing date and location- precise, cannot be a second late or else will be considered cheating or bribing. Technical evaluation- the company has to check to see if the bid meets the tech specs that was given to them. If they are compliant or giving better specs. Once that is met, is compliant, you check the financial aspect of the bid. A fi(cid:374)a(cid:374)(cid:272)ial pa(cid:272)kage i(cid:374)(cid:272)ludes the p(cid:396)i(cid:272)e a(cid:374)d ho(cid:449) it (cid:449)ill (cid:271)e fi(cid:374)a(cid:374)(cid:272)ed. P(cid:396)i(cid:272)e is(cid:374)"t the dete(cid:396)(cid:373)i(cid:374)ing factor, they could have higher price but lower financing. This can really made or break a deal. If the (cid:272)o(cid:373)pa(cid:374)y is(cid:374)"t i(cid:374) t(cid:396)ade fai(cid:396)s they likely (cid:449)o(cid:374)t get sele(cid:272)ted as (cid:374)o o(cid:374)e (cid:396)eally k(cid:374)o(cid:449)s a(cid:271)out the(cid:373).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers