GMS 200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Charismatic Authority, Transactional Leadership

21 views5 pages
lily.dilaudo and 39833 others unlocked
GMS 200 Full Course Notes
GMS 200 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
24 documents

Document Summary

Nature of leadership: leadership, contemporary leadership challenges, visionary leadership, meeting the challenges of visionary leadership. Leading- to inspire effort: communicate the vision, build enthusiasm, activate commitment, hard work. Organizing-to create structure: power, sources of managerial power, position power. Reward power- do what i ask and i"ll reward you . Coercive power- do as i say or i"ll punish you . Legitimate power i am the boss so do as i say : personal power. Country club manager- focuses on people"s needs and building relationships. Team manager- focusses on building participation and support for shared purpose. Impoverished manager- minimum effort to get work done. Authority obedience manager- focuses on efficiency of tasks and operations. Middle of road managers- focusses on balancing work output and morale. Hersey-blanchard situational leadership model: leaders adjust their styles depending on the readiness of their followers to perform in a given situation, readiness- how able, willing and confident followers are in performing tasks.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers