LAW 122 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Estoppel, Contract, Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite

46 views7 pages

Document Summary

Look at your footnotes, know cases in footnotes and add them to your midterm notes so. Chapter 7: the nature and creation of contracts: very rule oriented. Pure private law: to create a contract a legal relationship, can be enforced by 1 or against 1 of the parties, breach of contract so(cid:373)eo(cid:374)e has(cid:374)"t do(cid:374)e a(cid:374) o(cid:271)ligatio(cid:374) i(cid:374) their (cid:272)o(cid:374)tra(cid:272)t. 1 of the parties can rebut that and disprove that presumption: may suggest that (cid:862)(cid:374)o i did (cid:374)ot i(cid:374)te(cid:374)d to re(cid:374)t that offi(cid:272)e spa(cid:272)e to you(cid:863, see footnotes balfour v balfour, 1919. It is valuable in a practical sense because many business people fulfill their promises even if they are not legally liable in order to protect their reputations. Issue of intention to create legal relations is most difficult when the circumstances involve a combination of both social relations and business transactions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers