PSY 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Cognitive Load, Twin Study, Job Performance

85 views10 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 1: chapter 9 - intelligence and iq testing. Through conversation: the way they carry the conversation. Direct influence in childhood: family and friends, environment. Lack of challenges and opportunity to overcome them. (cid:862)i(cid:374)tellige(cid:374)ce is (cid:449)hate(cid:448)er i(cid:374)tellige(cid:374)ces tests (cid:373)easure(cid:863) edward boring, 1923. We do(cid:374)(cid:859)t (cid:396)eall(cid:455) k(cid:374)o(cid:449) (cid:449)hat i(cid:374)tellige(cid:374)(cid:272)e is. The people who create the tests (white rich men) define the standard which help to justify themselves. (cid:862)i(cid:374)tellige(cid:374)ce is the by-product of se(cid:374)sory capacity. (cid:863) galton. All knowledge begins with our senses; thus people with exceptional sensory abilities acquire more knowledge. Galton ran thousands of tests of sensory abilities! Sensory capacity and intelligence are weakly correlated. Asked by french government to develop objective psychological test to identify students in needs of special education. Developed first iq test diagnostic tool to measure overall thinking ability) Naming objects, generating meaning of words, drawing from memory, similarities. All of the above tapped into higher mental processes and abstract thinking.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers