PSY 411 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Scatter Plot, Pearson Product-Moment Correlation Coefficient, Dependent And Independent Variables

117 views3 pages
27 Feb 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Research methods and statistics i lecture 1. Often compare these behaviors or performance to certain groups. Inferential means ask questions where we are trying to draw some sort of explanation or conclusion. Want to infer from our own experiments to some sort of population. Want to know if 2 different groups of people are different from the other. Can we predict types of behaviors that lead to particular out comes. Research questions are broken down to certain methods: Rely heavily on estimations of probabilities large so it does not do much damage. Random sampling every single person of the population has an equal probability. Sample meant to represent some sort of population. Sample with replacement if i take you out the experiment, i throw you back into. Discreet variable can only take on single values. Continuous variables can be assigned many values (3, 4, or 5 cm) Interber number based scale ; space between numbers means something.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers