PSY 622 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Hot Sauce

22 views3 pages

Document Summary

Polaschek et al (2004; 2009): link between beliefs and violent offending, but unknown whether beliefs predict or cause violent offending. I get out of control (cid:862)i just lost it, i was so a(cid:374)gr(cid:455)(cid:863: these were the core themes they saw people used to justify violence, so(cid:373)e fa(cid:272)tors asso(cid:272)iated with viole(cid:374)(cid:272)e (cid:894)(cid:272)o(cid:374)t"d(cid:895) Unstructured clinical judgment - old way of doing things - psychologists/psychiatrists assess the person by asking relevant questions about why did the person commit the crime. There are tools derived from research where we try to find statistical relationship b/w factors ex. There"s a 56% chance that they will recidivate - the idea of these tools is to evaluate people items derived from statistical relationship to recidivism expected recidivism rate tables used. We have empirically derived factors but then the clinicians typically score the things in a diff way - ex they might score 0-2 depending on what each of the factors are.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers