BPK 110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Aerobic Exercise, Physical Examination, Nutrient

49 views3 pages

Document Summary

Recommended nutrient intakes (rnis): provide information on the amount of essential nutrients needed to meet the needs of most canadians. Nutritional status: an individual"s health as it is influenced by the intake and utilization of nutrients. Should be monitored for more than one day because food intake varies. Accurate food record includes all food and beverages consumed. Computer analysis of food intake can calculate nutrient intake and compare with: analyze nutrient intake nutrition recommendations, evaluate physical health, consider medical history. Physical examination can detect signs of nutrient deficiencies. Looking at iron in blood can determine if they have an iron deficiency: assess with laboratory tests i. ii. iii. iv. i. i. ii. i. ii. i. ii. Dietary reference intakes: set of scientifically based reference values for amounts of energy, nutrients and other food components o. Recommendations to be consumed to reduce chronic disease, promote general health and minimize symptoms of deficiency.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers