GERM 202 Lecture 5: Germ 301 – Oct 17 Notes

51 views2 pages

Document Summary

Freud aschenbach is attracted to tadzio but is afraid of being called a homosexual thus does not act on his desire. Aschenbach is attracted to tadzio because of his looks. Left hand is ego, right hand dangles freely (right hand can be considered thoughts, free mind) Comes at a price of expressing your own desires. Gender perspective toxic environment for women. Else is trapped in her social context. Not asking for a transformation, the female protagonist is portrayed as being confined in an environment where it is extremely hostile. The father is a well known lawyer but is in trouble for gambling owes money. The parents turn to else to approach dorsday for some money. Else does not think highly of her mother but mother supports her husband. Dorsday has a surprise twist i"ll gi(cid:448)e the (cid:373)o(cid:374)ey (cid:271)ut you ha(cid:448)e to sho(cid:449) yourself (cid:374)aked to me. Should she sell herself or (cid:271)e(cid:272)o(cid:373)e guilty of taki(cid:374)g part i(cid:374) her father"s priso(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers