PSYC 221 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Semantic Integration, Episodic Memory, Interference Theory

21 views7 pages

Document Summary

Schemata: schema, an active organisation of past reactions / past experiences, a stored framework of knowledge, when encounter new material, try to relate it to existing schema. Thematic effect grow stronger when tested one week later recall of connected, meaningful passages is neither productive nor constructive nor reconstructive, but all 3": 6 sentences from 1 idea group: ones: simple, one idea propositions. Ve: c. i. ii: +ve: i. the separate bits of info may not match existing knowledge completely distortion when attempting to remember inaccurate retrieval content accuracy is enhanced understand and remember complex, meaningful events and episodes. Strengths of propositional theories: accurately reflect the meaning of the sentence, a propositional representation is unaffected by superficial aspects of the sentence. Are proposition real: valid, remembering proposition, experiment- sachs i. ii. s heard passage and were tested on 1 critical sentence in the passage 0,

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers