PSYC 268 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Fundamental Attribution Error, Fundamental Justice, Quid Pro Quo

18 views3 pages

Document Summary

Intro: fundamental attribution error, the tendency to overemphasize dispositional/ personality based explanations for an indi b while minimizing situational/ external causes. Incriminating statement: disputed incriminating statements made to ppl in authority, not when plead guilty, charter and common law, affect police interactions with suspects and the use of incriminating evidence, charter b. i. b. ii. Concerned with fairness and practices that are acceptable in a free and democratic society. Violation: party asserting the violation must prove on a balance of probabilities b. ii. 1. 24(2) the court may admit the evidence notwithstanding the infringement of admission of the statement would not bring the administration of justice into disrepute: cl c. i. c. ii. c. iii. Rules on admissibility of incriminating statements developed largely in response to concerns about the reliability of the evidence. Charter: to exclude disputed incriminating statements, s. 10(b) a. i. a. ii. Everyone has the right on arrest or detention to retain and instruct counsel without delay and to be informed of that right.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers