PSYC 268 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Involuntary Commitment, Outpatient Commitment, Maryland Route 6

40 views7 pages

Document Summary

Involuntary treatment/ hospitalization of indi o grounds that they pose a risk to themselves/ others account of md: preventive measure: containing dangerous illness, not ppl, assume ppl are not culpable for illness they suffer. Imminent: harm is likely to occur in immediate future b. i. Involuntary commitment and involuntary treatment d: time frame: short term, day-weeks, mostly allow extension. The goal of protecting the person and public must be accomplished in a way that minimizes any infringement to persons right and freedom. Ve: right to appeal the commitment decisions. 5: coercive process, fail to establish and maintain supportive and effective treatment relationship with md, alternative, outpatient commitment: commit at home, under conditions a. i. a. ii. No evidence of its effectiveness in reducing health service use/ improve clinical outcome and social functioning. Increase civil commitment rate: esp for those with less serious md and risk: psychiatric advance directives: express preference for future treatment when they are fully competent to do so b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers