PSYC 389 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Behavioural Sciences, Cognitive Revolution, Drive Theory

93 views10 pages

Document Summary

What is emotion: want to learn about it because it tells us about us and others around us and why we do things. It is useful to our li(cid:448)es that"s (cid:449)h(cid:455) (cid:449)e stud(cid:455) it. Motivational science: study of motivation and emotion is a behavioural science, answers questions but require objective, databased, empirical evidence, construct theories. The point of motivational theory is to explain what gives behaviour its energy and direction. Motives are internal experiences needs, cognitions, and emotions that e(cid:374)ergize the i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s approa(cid:272)h a(cid:374)d avoidance tendencies. External events are environmental, social, and cultural offerings that attract or repel the individual to engage or to not engage in a particular course of action. Internal motives: an internal process that energizes and directs behaviour. Behaviour: 8 aspects of behaviour express, presence intensity, quality of motivation, attention latency, effort, persistence, choice, probability of response, bodily gestures facial expressions, (cid:449)ith these (cid:449)e ha(cid:448)e data to i(cid:374)fer the prese(cid:374)(cid:272)e a(cid:374)d i(cid:374)te(cid:374)sit(cid:455) of a(cid:374)other perso(cid:374)"s motivation.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers