PG 6: Persia and Greece
Simple T-Chart- follow scaffolded prompts
1. Type of government:
2. Used slaves:
4. Corrupt government:
5. Explain ‘historical bias.’
6. Green says ‘Rule by the Persians was dreamy.’ ID some of the ‘benefits’ that the Persians
allowed to the people that they conquered:___________________________
7. Recount how Herodotus (Greek historian) describes the Persian ‘pony express’:
8. Describe ‘Zoroastrianism’ in a picture:
9. ID 2-5 of the Greek gifts that Mr Green mentions:
10. Aristophanes is known as the father of:_________________ BUT please summarize how Mr.
Green feels about Eratosthenes’ work: ______________________________________________
11. Recognize which characteristics can be associated with the concept of a Greek city-state.
I. A city
II. Land around that city
12. T/F All Greek city-states called themselves Greeks.
13. T/F Only males were considered to be citizens in the Greek city-states.
14. ID what event(s) helped to unify the Greek city-states.
15. Which characteristics are associated with the Greek Parthenon?
I. Church II. Mosque III. Ammo dump d. Ruins
16. The Peloponn