HROD 317 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Narcissism, Machiavellianism, Masculinity

65 views4 pages

Document Summary

Personality determinants: heredity, environmental factors, situational conditions. Personality traits: e(cid:374)du(cid:396)i(cid:374)g (cid:272)ha(cid:396)a(cid:272)te(cid:396)isti(cid:272)s that des(cid:272)(cid:396)i(cid:271)e a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s behaviour. Five basic personality dimensions: extraversion, agreeableness flexible, cooperative, trusting or non-trusting of others, conscientiousness through, dependable, goal oriented, emotional stability, openness to experience, honest humility (meurs) Honest humility (meurs: high: honest, humble, sincere, modest, fair-minded, low: dishonest, proud, greedy. A group of negative personality traits: machiavellianism acquire power, not a positive thing, narcissism believe they are more important and superior to other people, believe they are a better leader, psychopathy. Degree to which an individual is: pragmatic, maintains emotional distance, believes that the ends can justify the means. High machs vs. low machs: manipulate more, win more, are persuaded less, persuade others more. The tendency to be arrogant, have a grandiose sense of importance, require excessive admiration, and have a sense of entitlement. Narcissists tend to think that they are better leaders than their colleagues; but their supervisors tend to rate them as worse.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers