SOCI 393 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Scientific Method, Anomie, Scientific Management

54 views3 pages
13 Sep 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Changed from seasonal farming work to working for a boss in a factory, change of power and work arrangements. Fro(cid:373) fe(cid:449) e(cid:373)ployees i(cid:374) o(cid:374)e (cid:862)jo(cid:271)(cid:863) to hu(cid:374)dreds i(cid:374) a fa(cid:272)tory, (cid:272)reated the role of (cid:862)(cid:373)a(cid:374)ager(cid:863) to orga(cid:374)ize (cid:449)orkers. Changed from human power to machine power, mechanical power controlled the pace/rhythm for workers taking away worker autonomy. Rising of large-scale production in factories, manufacturing began. Workers began doing very specific tasks, i. e. ; instead of making whole shoe they made. Led to the emergence of the working class one part on an assembly line, skilled worker (shoemaker) changed to just a factory worker. Development of the bureaucratic form of organization, developed as ways to organize individuals in a group (workers) weber. Wages and working in the industrial revolution watch video on d2l. Relationship to each other in terms of the division of labour. Division of labour defined primarily by sex and age,

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers