EDRD 4010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: World Tourism Organization, Disposable And Discretionary Income, Third World

50 views4 pages

Document Summary

Voluntary, temporary movement of people away from their places of residence or work to destinations of specific interest. Began in 4th century bc i. e. pilgrimages. Grand tours began between the 16th and 18th century as a rite of passage for young men. Leisure travel begin in 1841 by thomas cook short travel excursions highlighting. The more a leisure activity is skill-based, the higher the likelihood the person chooses to participate in this activity while on vacation (i. e. scuba diving) affects travel destination choices. Recreation refers to restoration" wholeness of body, mind, and spirit. Equated with an activity and often asserts a social purpose. Freysinger and kelly (2004): leisure has the language roots signifying freedom and recreation connotes restoration. Overlap: individuals must feel free to participate. Recreation and tourism destinations (i. e. festivals, parks, historic sites, etc. ) generate economic development through job creation and diversification. Defined (specifically identifies parameters for measuring the providing statistical or legislative support):

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers