FRHD 1020 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Parenting Styles

11 views3 pages

Document Summary

Family can be defined in various ways and is highly dependent on the situation of the individual. It could be priority or hindrance based on the individuals circumstances in most cases, the direct relationship between a parent(s) and their child/children is significant to the child"s upbringing and cognitive development. Specifically, the differences in parenting styles can play a major role in the development of the child and the temperament they carry into adulthood. Drawing on my own experiences, i can compare and contrast these idealisms through my sister and my cousin. Both these individuals have been brought up in different parenting styles, one being authoritarian and the other being authoritative and that has been reflecting in the individuals they are today. The authoritarian theory involves parenting which involves being forceful towards children; most of the control is placed in the parents" hands, and children are left to feel neglected and are far away from feeling independent (mcdaniel, tepperman,&colavecchia, 2019).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers