FRHD 1020 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Erich Fromm, Casual Sex, Attachment Theory

15 views6 pages

Document Summary

Intimacy with, caring for, and commitment to another person. Desire to enter, maintain, or expand a close, connected, and ongoing relationship with another person or entity. Attachment theory and love: roles of an attachment figure. Secure base when we are distressed, attachment system is not activated, we can pursue goals with confidence. Safe haven when distressed, our attachment system activates, motivated to seek attachment figure then attachment figure deactivates and partner goes back to being secure base: being a good attachment figure. Being a good secure base promote freedom, autonomy, respect and support pa(cid:396)t(cid:374)e(cid:396)"s o(cid:449)(cid:374) effo(cid:396)ts a(cid:374)d de(cid:272)isio(cid:374)s. Being a good safe haven be available and perceptive, respond when they need comport/affection or reassurance. Anxiety negative model of self (ex. I resent it when my partner spends time away from me; i worry about being abandoned) Avoidance negative models of others (ex.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers