FRHD 2100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Justin Trudeau, Sexual Arousal, Storge

50 views4 pages

Document Summary

In past, people married for: political reasons, economical reasons, practical reasons. 50 years ago, 76% of women and 25% of men would have married an otherwise perfect partner who they didn"t love. Love is a recent need in marriages. How do we define love for a romantic/potential life partner: wanting an intimate connection, person is always on your mind. Fehr asked participants to list key (cid:498)features of love(cid:499) and then asked a second sample to rate the importance of these features: central to love were trust and caring, uncertainty and butterflies were considered peripheral. Romantic love: state of intense longing for union with another, lust: sexual arousal (physical state, sexual desire (psychological state) i. e. barney and robin on himym. Companionate love: affection for those with whom our lives are deeply entwined, within 6-30 months. Affection i. e. lily and marshall on himym. 2 components: physical arousal i. e. fast heart beat, attribution of arousal to another person.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers