FRHD 2110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Emotional And Behavioral Disorders, Virtuous Circle And Vicious Circle, Conduct Disorder

6 views7 pages

Document Summary

Behaviour patterns so different that they threaten normal relationships between the child and others (medical manual) Parent-child interactional problems: separation anxiety problems. Vicious circle pattern: negative behaviour in child elicits negative behaviour in parent, influences child (cid:374)egati(cid:448)ely, i(cid:374)(cid:272)reases (cid:374)egati(cid:448)e (cid:272)hild"s (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iour. Dsm iv attention deficit disorders (add) and disruptive behaviour disorders (dbd) Conduct disorder behaviour violates basic rights of other: harm others/animals, property-damage, deceitfulness, serious violation of rules, repetitive and persistent pattern. Oppositional and defiance disorder negative, hostile, defiant recurrent pattern: loses te(cid:373)per, argues (cid:449)ith adults i(cid:373)paired i(cid:374) so(cid:272)ial o(cid:272)(cid:272)upatio(cid:374)al or a(cid:272)ade(cid:373)i(cid:272) fu(cid:374)(cid:272)tio(cid:374) Mild or moderate problems can be ameliorated with intervention. Can be taught to behave differently (cid:862)e(cid:373)otio(cid:374)ally distur(cid:271)ed(cid:863) Definitional problems: lack of precise definitions of mental health and normal, differences among conceptual models. Frhd 2110 week 4: difficulties in measuring emotion and behaviour, relationships between emotional or behavioural disorder and other exceptionalities, differences in the opinions of professionals who diagnose and serve children and youths.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers