FRHD 2270 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Training Wheels, 45 Years

18 views3 pages

Document Summary

Locomotion (gross motor): to move about in the world: i. e. crawl, stand, walk. Fine motor skills: smaller movements: i. e. grasping, holding, etc. objects. Motor development involves many distinct skills: organized and reorganized over time to meet demands of tasks we"re faced with, differentiation: each component skill is mastered alone a. i. e. walking first need posture and balance. Integration: skills are combined into a proper sequence a. i. e. walking requires balance and posture, stepping, know your environment, and purpose for movement. Experience is key to improve motor development: i. e. daily practice in sitting up. But limited to movements that are trained (skills aren"t transferable: i. e. crawling on stairs vs. walking on stairs. Jumps, hops, throws, and catches with rigid upper body. Pushes while riding toy with feet, some ability to steer. Walk up/down stairs alternating feet but uses one foot to lead. Jumps and hops while flexing upper body i. e. girl jumping off diving board.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers