FRHD 2270 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Social Comparison Theory, Culture Of Asia, Autobiographical Memory

15 views5 pages

Document Summary

Identify the self as a physically unique being: aware of physical features, refer to themselves by name (cid:523)(cid:498))(cid:499) or (cid:498)me(cid:499)(cid:524) i. e. pick themselves out in photos, at age 3: recognize own shadow. As they become aware: i. e. touching breakable objects: intentional behaviour conflicts with others, can be focus of others" emotional reactions, understand others" emotions and perspectives. 2 years old claim objects as (cid:498)mine! (cid:499) Through empathy and self consciousness: sense of ownership. Classify themselves and others based on: age i. e. baby, boy, man, sex i. e. boy, girl, physical characteristics i. e. big, strong, goodness or badness i. e. i good girl, self-competencies i. e. i did it! Occurs from storytelling: similar to autobiographical memory (memories of significant events in our lives, use stories to further understand themselves. View themselves as: unique, always existing, live in a world of others. Enduring self (ages 4+): i. e. realize that a video image of themselves replayed a few minutes.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers