FRHD 3070 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Visual Analogue Scale, Thurstone Scale, Dementia

5 views2 pages

Document Summary

People from harvard conducted the study, say its reliable and valid. Need to provide test-retest, as well as other reliability test values. If values and type of validity are not provided, there is no evidence it"s credible. I. e. , feeling thermometer : feel very cold to very warm about situation, shown on a thermometer. I. e. , visual analog scale: continuous graphical rating scale, appetite example. I. e. , how strong is your desire to eat? line, put x where you want to rate your desire: too precise, false sense of precision. Comparative rating scale: rate one thing in comparison to another. I. e. getting into grad school (judge one individual compared to others) Only score the statements people agree with, add those statements, which shows attitude on spanking. Scale value: the median rating for each statement (the 50th rating among 100 participants) Guttman scale: rationale, hierarchy (i. e. , addition the bottom of pyramid, then division, then algebra, analogy: math test.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers