FRHD 3400 Lecture 9: FRHD3400 Week 5 lectures

13 views8 pages

Document Summary

The art of empathy: active listening skills, encouraging, verbal, repeating key words, short phrases, uh-huhs, nonverbal, nodding, smiling, paraphrasing, clarify content, ensure understanding, avoid parroting, parts, sentence stem, key words, essence of what was said, checkout, e(cid:454). M(cid:455) (cid:373)o(cid:373) a(cid:374)d dad a(cid:396)e fighting all the time. They fight about money, about my sister, and about who does more work around the house. Everybody is always angry for something or upset. I think they might get a divorce: (cid:862)i hea(cid:396) (cid:455)ou a(cid:396)e (cid:449)o(cid:396)(cid:396)ied fo(cid:396) (cid:455)ou(cid:396) pa(cid:396)e(cid:374)ts, as the(cid:455) a(cid:396)e fighting a lot, and always seen angry, or even upset. Did i get that (cid:396)ight? (cid:863: summarizing, begin or end a session, clarify complex issues. Includes feelings thoughts and behaviours: verbal, repeating key words, short phrases, uh-huhs, nonverbal, nodding, smiling. Attachment: emotional bond, behaviours promote proximity, motivational system to seek proximity, enhances feelings of security, motivated baby to take action when frightened.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers