HIST 2200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 19: Competitors For The Crown Of Scotland, Andrew Moray, English Language In England

20 views2 pages

Document Summary

Overlordship has 2 parts: royal/political & religious kings of scots paid homagium in the 11th c: norman invasion of england, malcolm iii (10588-93) invaded the north of england 5 times (1061,70,79,91,93) 1070: had to give his son over because he lost. Son was raised by normans: he pledged allegiance to william the conqueror, but broke his vows repeatedly, 1093: told his status was that of an english baron; planned his last incursion to. England: his son edgar i (1097-1107), accepted land donations from king william ii, addressing him as my lord in a land charter. The angevin kinds became related to the scottish kinds and anglo-saxon royal line through marriage. Marriage of edith matilda (queen matilda) to henry i: daughter of malcolm 3 and saint margaret of scotland, and anglo-saxon princess. David was knighted by the english king, before he was king of scots. He was married to matilda, countess of huntingdon (1112), becoming earl of.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers