jan 27 2014.docx

2 Pages

Department
History
Course Code
HIST 3200
Professor
Katie Mc Cullough

This preview shows 80% of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Description
Working class youth between the wars Part 1: the industrial decline and education 1. the great war 14-18 a. almost full employment b. some benefits being provided to help families c. 1% ish are unemployed d. women went to work, were employeed in some dangerous occupations, domestic jobs e. men are paid more f. by 1918, women working has raised from 3 milln to 5 mill g. opportunities for paid overtime h. individual family incomes rose i. children has more opportunities to work; daughters worked outside the domestic service 2. government benefits in WWI a. rent control b. better nutrition overall due to larger incomes c. some health improvements d. lower infant mortality rates e. 1915—rent control law f. 1917—rationing food and price control laws g. allowances for children that lost their fathers h. charity steps in; feeding groups, giving out clothing, i. children leave school early to join the workforce j. in 1918, you have to attend school til your 15 k. compulsory school for 14-18 for children in work l. advanced courses are offered for those who have talent in higher education m. government introduces 200 state university scholarships; they find better teacher training, teaching becomes more like it is today n. grammar school system o. 11+ exa
More Less
Unlock Document

Only 80% of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit