NUTR 3070 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Walkability, Likert Scale, Goal Setting

5 views4 pages

Document Summary

Nutr 3070 lecture 18: social ecological model continued. Strengths of ecological models: affect entire population, sustain behaviour changes, policy changes have the ability to have a much more sustained change, reframe behaviour from responsibility of individual. I. e. , obesity epidemic: shifting blame away from individuals. If you made the environment more suitable, people would be more likely to do. Built environment: environmental influences, things you can create, construct, develop. I. e. , walkability of neighborhood: sidewalks, speed limit of road, evenness of ground, etc, characteristics that influence whether you walk. Neighborhood environment walkability scale (news: survey about perceptions of neighborhood, likert scale, agree vs disagree, 12 subscales, residential density, compactness, apartments/condos vs detached single-family residences. I. e. , squares vs having to go far around to get from street to street. Infrastructure and safety: sidewalks on most streets, well lit, crosswalks. Increase infrastructure and safety, increase walkability: aesthetics, trees, attractive sights.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers