Class Notes (839,394)
Canada (511,324)
Psychology (3,977)
PSYC 2040 (85)
Dan Yarmey (11)
Lecture

Multiple Regression Major Assignment (print).docx

4 Pages
355 Views
Likes

Department
Psychology
Course Code
PSYC 2040
Professor
Dan Yarmey

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 4 pages of the document.
Description
1 Running Head: Multiple Regression Major Assignment Multiple Regression MajorAssignment MichelleAbbott University of Guelph 2 Part I An educational psychologist examined the predictors of success for an Engineering exam. The predictors used were number of hours of sleep the night before the exam, and number of hours spent doing practice questions, in addition to the variance accounted for by number of hours spent reading the text. Table 1 indicates the mean and standard deviation for each predictor. The best independent predictor of grade was the number of hours spent reading the text (studying), which alone predicted 25% of the variance in exam performance ratings, sr = .25, t(497) = 13.72, p < .001. Sleep 2 independently accounted for an additional 9%, sr = .09, t(497) = 8.23, p < .001, of the variance in exam performance ratings beyond studying alone, bringing the total percentage variance accounted for to 34 percent. When considering the proportion of variance in grade that is accounted for by using both study and sleep, which is the best 2 combination of predictors for final exam grade, R = .34, F(2, 497) = 128.02, p < .001, accounting for 34 percent of variance. When considering the proportion of variance in 2 grade that is accounted for by both study and practice, R = .26, F(2, 497) = 88.18, p < . 001, accounting for 26.2 percent of variance. Practice independently accounted for 1.2 2 percent, sr = .01, t(497) = 2.83, p < .01, of the variance in exam performance ratings beyond studying alone, bringing the total percentage variance accounted for to 26.2 percent. The research question would read, “If the number of hours students spent reading the text (studying) is the best predictor of exam success, what other predictor (sleep or practice) would result in the greatest prediction of success when combined with 3 Running Head: Multiple Reg
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

Log In


OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Sign up

Join to view


OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.


Submit