SOAN 3070 Lecture 7: Lecture 7

11 views3 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 7- interviewing: methods of data collection and. After all questions have been completed, turn off recording equipment. Some respondents may want to talk more after the interview has finished. After interview is complete and we have our audio files, we must next transcript the information. Should (cid:271)e (cid:448)ery authe(cid:374)ti(cid:272), do(cid:374)"t (cid:272)ha(cid:374)ge a(cid:374)ythi(cid:374)g they say. S: (red in the face and suddenly out of control): look! Next we have to analyze the data but first we must code the data. 3 types of coding: open coding. A first coding of qualitative data in which a researcher examines the data to condense them into preliminary analytical categories or codes for analyzing the data. Highlight topics or themes that are important (i. e. i avoid group situations: axial coding. The researcher organizes the codes, develops links among them and discovers key analytical categories. Can i organize them into a casual sequence? (a, then. May raise new questions: selective coding.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers