FMLY 1010 Lecture 48: Lecture 48

38 views3 pages

Document Summary

These traits lead to the development of competence. Bandura emotions, stable patterns of responding, along with cognitive factors make up 1 of. 3 interactive components that influence social/personality development = personal factor: other 2 factors: behavioural responses, & environmental influences/pressures. Reciprocal determinism = pattern in which personal, behavioural & environmental influences interact with one another. By the end of middle childhood, self consists of 2 new components: psychological self & valued self. Psychological self = a perso(cid:374)"s u(cid:374)dersta(cid:374)di(cid:374)g of his/her e(cid:374)duri(cid:374)g psychological characteristics. First appears during transition form early to middle childhood. As a child moves through the concrete operational period, her psychological self becomes more complex, more comparative, less tied to external features, and more centered on emotional feelings/ideas. Self-efficacy = a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s (cid:271)elief i(cid:374) her (cid:272)apa(cid:272)ity to (cid:272)ause a(cid:374) i(cid:374)te(cid:374)ded e(cid:448)e(cid:374)t to o(cid:272)(cid:272)ur. Peer models play large role in development of self-efficacy. Social comparison plays a large role in how children gain insight into their own self-efficacy.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers