COMM 105 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Social Cognitive Theory, Social Identity Theory, Organizational Justice

36 views6 pages

Document Summary

Theories are formulated to predict, explain, and understand phenomena and, in many cases, to challenge and extend existing knowledge within the limits of critical bounding assumptions. Emotional intelligence: the ability to regulate emotions between you & others, and trying to understand motivations and employee needs. You should have: broader/deeper understanding of your subject area (in our case the ob subject, ability to apply them (i. e. be able to address questions of why and how , ability to identify the limits of generalizations. Organizational justice, equality, leadership, communication are among the. Vertical communication: harder to communicate: chaos theory. States that social behaviors in a social system are highly complex and unpredictable. It looks at unpredictability of nature (i. e. what breaks the equilibrium in a system) and tries to make sense of it (i. e. how to maintain a broken equilibrium). The assumption here is that the unpredictability in a system can be represented as overall behavior.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers