BIOL301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Psoas Major Muscle, Ventral Root Of Spinal Nerve, Coccyx

139 views3 pages

Document Summary

Pns: the nervous system outside of the brain and spinal chord, provides vital link between cns and outside world, contains sensory and motor outputs that can be somatic (voluntary) or visceral (non voluntary) Peripheral sensory receptors: can be classified based on stimulus detected (mechanoreceptor, thermoreceptor, chemoreceptor, photoreceptor) or structure (special sensed and general sensory receptors) or based on location: Externo receptors: sensitive to stimuli arising from outside the body. Internoreceptors: receive stimuli from internal viscera, sense internal environment. Proprioreceptors: located in skeletal muscles, tendons, joints and ligaments. Cranial nerves: attached to the brain and pass through foramina in the skull, primarily serve head and neck structures, numbered from i - xii. Cn i and cn ii attach to the forebrain, all others attach to the brainstem. Cn i - olfactory nerves (s): sensory nerve of smell, innervates olfactory mucosa in the superior nasal cavity.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers