PACS201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Liberation Tigers Of Tamil Eelam, Structural Violence

22 views3 pages

Document Summary

Conflicts, as noted in the module content, are not always bad. However, an escalated conflict can end up in violence. Dating back to 1983, my homeland was known to be a warzone for many years. Sri lanka, formerly known as ceylon, is a country with majority sinhalese civilians and several minorities including tamils. Conflicts between the sinhalese majority and us, the tamil minority erupted into a war in 1983 and ended 26 years later, in may 2009. The real reason, the made-up reason, and what had happened since 1983 holds a place many different sides throughout history. All stories have strongly impacted who my family and i are today. Along with my family, many others were forced to migrate and flee the country due to the dangers that were opposed onto the tamils of sri lanka. The sri lankan government was made up of power hungry sinhalese politicians who wanted sri lanka to be a place only for their race.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers