Peace and Conflict Studies
Course
PACS 320
Professor
Matthew Bailey- Dick
Semester
Winter

Description
Class 6 NotesPrince of Peace God of War movie clip class reflection notesWomen in leadershipbias against women Only white middle aged men PacifistHow can just war people exhibit a peacemaking approach Notes from the film continuedDavid Wiliams pacifisto Violence is wrong in all cases unless it meets a very specific criteria o Problem Jesus teachings are written in a way that you can only either do peace or war be peaceful or do violenceJordon Cooper Just WarSome people assume that Just war theory enable everything Thats not true just war has always been within the context of nationsAbortion vs the death penalty and warBruxy pacifist o Jesus spoke of peace as a lifestyle not a goal Peace is how you live you dont use violence to get peace o The justwar theory and the peace theory both leave us with a set of questions but the peace theory leaves us with the right set of questionsI want to be a pacifist myself until I see footage of children in Europe 3 days way from execution or remember how the Jews were treated I fail to understand how anybody could not intervene on these t
More Less

Related notes for PACS 320

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit