PHIL215 Lecture Notes - Nancy Fern Olivieri, Apotex, Evil Corporation
This preview shows page 1. to view the full 4 pages of the document.
Are you a good notes-taker?
Looking for a collaborator: e-mail me at email@example.com
Structure of the Mid-Term:
1. Define & Explain the Significance: 3 of 5-6; 10% each => 30%
a) Want 2 paragraphs
b) 1st paragraph: Define (e.g. define the case of “the insider”: factual information, key
players, events, outcome)
c) 2nd paragraph: Explain to business / professional ethics. It would be relevant to talk
about, for example, conflict of interest (amongst a number of ethical points of interest).
2. Reflective Topic Essay: 1 or 2-3; 20%
a) Sample Question:
“Bayles constructed 4 “models” for understanding the relationship between professional
& client. Explain these models in detail, and note their strengths and weaknesses, using
concrete examples. Bayles argued in favour of the superiority of one model in particular:
which was it; why was that; and do you agree: why or why not?”
3. Case Study, using our Method: 1 of 2; 50%
a) Rule of thumb on length: Fully answer the question: word / paragraph count is not
relevant (But perhaps 3-4 sides of a page, single spaced)
b) Refer to the handout on case study method to prepare for this portion of the exam.
Other Misc Info:
- Office Hours: Mon, 3:45 - 5:15 PM, HH 327
- *Please remain outside classroom until exam start @ 7 PM*
- Exam length: 2h30m
- Nothing from textbooks
- Focus on lecture content
- Understand & apply the case study method.
- Exam graded by TAs based on detailed grading key.
- May take some time for exam to be graded due to nature of the exam
- Final Exam will be graded by Prof. Orend
- Prof. Orend: “Will try to be a generous grader, but will take it seriously”
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version