• Uncontrollable traits.
⁃ cannot control what we have biologically inherited.
⁃ nature vs. nurture.
• pre-disposes criminal behaviour.
• Somatotypes: studying the body type. the shapes that don't change - earlobes, shape
of head, etc.
⁃ person's behaviour can be linked to shape of body. Can predict who will break
⁃ started with Lombroso.
⁃ Have primitive urges.
⁃ individuals are born criminals.
• William Sheldon
⁃ 200 boys research 15-21
⁃ 3 body types:
⁃ Endotoxins - extroverted.
⁃ mesomorphs - most tied to delinquency!
⁃ ectomorphs - thin and fragile. avoids contact with other people.
⁃ balanced - does't fall completely in any of them but a mixer.
• there could be no body type linking to delinquency.
⁃ could be social learning.
• This has a bias/stereotype.
⁃ a lot of the mesos are sports players. It is required in their fields to be as such.
• study was scratched 7 years later. Found that it was not an accurate way.
• MPA - disorders developed in the first trimester of pregnancy.
• more MPA you have, the more aggressive you will be and result in more violent
• pre cautious puberty - going through puberty early.
• criminal genes MAYBE pre-genetic due to crimogenic environment.
⁃ certain way they respond.
⁃ not all of the kids are becoming chronic disorde