-+&&40:(=*+)@-D&A*&*A@04)&-+&)*.-0A1&()&G0::&()&*+&A@0&4**A&.(<)0)&*I&
2-)D(4-=0)&(+2&G@(A&.(+&?0&2*+0&A*&0:-N-+(A0&A@0N&EO5P7&%$$Q7&DL"&()&.-A02&-+&
O5P7&%$!$HL&
&
&
&
&
&
O(+(2-(+&5<4)0)K&P))*.-(=*+L&E%$!$HL&!"#$%&'()*+#,-'..%'/,%0*'1"'%0',023'%0',02'$0'$1*,&45&RS(G(T&O(+(2-(+&5<4)0)&
P))*.-(=*+L&U0A4-0602&I4*N&@SDTVV.+(#(--.L.(VO5PV2*.<N0+A)VD2IVD<?:-.(=*+)VW*.-(:X'<)=.0X%$!$X0LD2I&
social benefits: health care, food, and shelter
society responsibilities: educate ourselves, not to take
advantage of healthcare, work and contribute to our society
consequences: racism, sexism, pay gap between men and women
social group: sports team, nursing students, low income community,
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-2 of the document.
Unlock all 5 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in
!"#!!#$%&
%&
W*<4.0T&Y:/-+)7&ZL&E%$![HL&\$]&*I&PN04-.(+)&*G+&(+&<+?0:-06(?:1&)N(::&D*4=*+&*I&A@0&.*<+A41K)&G0(:A@L&U0A4-0602&
R.A*?04&^!7&%$!"7&I4*N&@SDTVVGGGL?<)-+0))-+)-204L.*NV-+0B<(:-A1#-+#A@0#<)#-)#N<.@#N*40#0FA40N0#A@(+#1*<#
A@-+/#%$![#Q&
&
:$.+(&$;*52$.-&$+33$25+2$<-)/=90
@SD)TVVGGGL1*<A<?0L.*NVG(A.@_6`6GF[M61DO[a&
Can’t blame someone for the situation they’re in, did they start
at the back of the line? if so more likely to smoke, drink, and
have health problems. It is not just the person there are many
other factors
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-2 of the document.
Unlock all 5 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Outline: de ne&social&jus=ce, discuss, global&health, health&equity, global&ci=zenship&(next&week), cultural&safety&(next&week), diversity&(next&week)& Can"t blame someone for the situation they"re in, did they start at the back of the line? if so more likely to smoke, drink, and have health problems. It is not just the person there are many other factors. The&op=mal&well#being&of&all&humans&from&the&individual&and& collec=ve&perspec=ve &(can,&2009,&p. 1&as&cited&in&poser&&&perry,&2014). : health&for&all, issues&are&transna=onal&and&found&in&many&places, drug&abuse&in&inner&city&neighborhoods, violence&in&refugee&camps, suicide&rates&in&indigenous&popula=ons, partnerships&between&high#income&and&low#&middle#income& countries&needed&to&address&many&of&these&issues&(macro&level), partnerships&between&power&brokers&and&marginalized&popula=ons& needed&at&a&micro&level& People in places like thailand can in uence the health of others around the world inequity: unfair differences in access to things inequality: differences. Inequality: inequity&refers&to&unfair,&avoidable& di erences&arising&from&poor& governance,&corrup=on&or&cultural& exclusion &(bmj,&2017), inequi=es&are&unnecessary,&unavoidable,& and&unjust, inequality&simply&refers&to&the&uneven& distribu=on&of&health&or&health& resources&as&a&result&of&gene=c&or& other&factors&or&the&lack&of& resources &(bmj,&2017)& 4: people&in&their&20s&have&lower&rates&of&cancer&than&people&in&the&60s, black&americans&have&higher&rates&of&sickle&cell&anemia&because&of& their&genes, people&living&with&hiv&in&sub#saharan&africa&have&poor&access&to& health&care, people&with&schizophrenia&olen&have&their&medical&health&concerns& ignored& 5: immigrants&olen&have&di cultly&accessing&health&care&because&of& language&barriers, inequality: as you get older health declines, no barriers just age, inequality, inequity, inequity, either, resources may just not exist here, were not racist just don"t have resources, Final: technical&nursing&skills&won"t&really&help&you& ght&for&health&equity, only&advocacy,&having&the&courage&to&speak&out&intelligently,&can&do& that, to&be&a&good&advocate&you&need&knowledge,&persistence,&resilience,&& and&the&ability&to&educate&others, try&to&remember&that&those&are&some&of&the&most&important&skills& you&will&learn&in&nursing&school&

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers