Is odd’s ratio greater than one? Is there chance of contracting heart problem
because of your age?
- If you move away from 1 you can make these judgment calls
- What we cannot say is if it is significantly significant or not
- Online there is a program you can download that you need to unzip and
- What we are moving to now is multi-varied analysis
- Simple OR – just A and B – bi-variant
o Rate that are genetically same, same in diet, housing, etc. but you can
control experiment. But you cannot do that with humans.
- Look at low birth weight and what affects it
- Low birth weight (<2500g) – we are concerned of it because they are more
susceptible to disease, chances of survival is slim, etc.
- Understand what the condition is. What is little birth weight?
- How do you define low birth rate, consequences,
o Smoking, parody (is your first birth and subsequent birth have to do
with low birth weight?)
o How about women’s pre-pregnancy weight? Length of gestation