For unlimited access to Class Notes, a Class+ subscription is required.
L09- BIO 120
Trophic : where nutrition comes from.
• Primary producers = plants
• Primary consumers = herbivores
• Secondary consumers = carnivores who eat herbivores
• Tertiary consumers = carnivores who eat secondary consumers (carnivores)
• Detritivores = eat dead organic matter
Addition Experiments- adding a species.
“Trophic cascades” paper(Smith & Slobodkin) the world is green because
carnivores keep down herbivores so herbivores don’t limit plant growth.
Small scattered island some plants which are preyed upon by beetles.
Beetles are eaten by lizards and spiders.