Provision of funding to community programs –to effected communities.
- Priority population (may be sensitive to this vocab)
o Gay men, bisexual men, transmen
o Injection drug users (nomenclature should be drug users)
Learned that the way that other drugs are used may lead to
Majority are poly-drug users
o Endemic – Africa + Carribeans (higher risk than usual), WHO
identifies this. This means –generalized epidemic. In Canada, it is
- Populations from these areas (heterosexual epidemic mainly), get non-
OHIP access to the prevention equipment.
- Aboriginal community –have a drug card that gives them free access to
medication that help with AIDS.
- People with HIV –do not want stigmatize them, allow thme to full sexual
- 8 people, none have science credentials
- Couple of objective:
o Provision of funding to right individuals
o Also provide support (problem-solving, access to social services) to
newly diagnosis (doesn’t mean clinical care).
o Also pool of volunteers (condom distribution etc.)
o Needle exchanges (based in public health, local municipal
o Prevalence in Ontario: 56% prevalence (of ’08, seems old but
complex reason why) MSM IDU (group to