Chapter 15 is about Denying the Resurrection.
- Many of the people are saying that there is no resurrection of the dead.
- Already have been saved
- Realized eschatology. People in Corinth say that they are already risen or in the risen state.
- In chapter 15 Paul never refers to such a view. The focus on this chapter is on everyone else and
their own resurrection from the dead.
- Second half is all about the body, the people say that their destiny will not involve the body.
- 1 option is to say we believe in the immortality of the soul and not the body
- The opposite option for immortality of the soul is there is no body.
- One possibility is to say the soul lives on after death
- Another is to say nothing lives on
- For a long time in the bible the place after life was Shale, a terrible plain existence.
- However in the last 200 years in the bible people started talking about the resurrection of the
- 1-11, Paul does not mention the resurrection of the dead, but sets up the argument
bymentioning the resurrection of Jesus, and how this is proof of resurrection. It’s a tradition and
very important for it determines if you will be saved or not saved, this is the heart of the gospel.
- The Heart of the Gospel for Paul is:
o That Christ died for our sins, that he was buried, that he was risen, and that he did this
to save us according to scripture.
- The Gospel is about the death and resurrection.
- Line 2 proves