Anatomy and Cell Biology 3319 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Ideomotor Phenomenon, Ventral Anterior Nucleus, Prefrontal Cortex

43 views6 pages

Document Summary

Feel free to email me (oneclass512475@gmail. com) if you have any questions or don"t understand something! Identify main structures that compromise the basal ganglia. Compare the direct and indirect striopallidal pathways of the basal ganglia. Cerebral cortex = gray matter; superficial cortical layer of the brain, made of neural bodies. Cerebral white matter: deeper layer containing fibers connecting cell bodies to other cortical areas and the rest of the brain. Deep gray matter: basal ganglia deepest layer containing large collection of neuron bodies. Association fibers: fibers located in the same hemisphere and in the cerebral cortex: short: connect from gyrus to gyrus, long: connect from lobe to lobe (i. e. longer than short association fibers) Commissural fibers: pass from hemisphere to hemisphere: e. g. corpus callosum. The internal capsule spans all regions of the cerebral cortex, and is able to innervate all regions of the cerebral cortex. I. e. corona radiata feeds into internal capsule; both are fan-like and striated (read summary below)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers