Law 2101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Leasehold Estate, Fee Simple, Title Insurance

31 views3 pages
23 Apr 2018
Department
Course

Document Summary

I can live there, sell it, paint it, etc. -> many people own rights to my house other than me: ownership isn"t that helpful a (cid:272)o(cid:374)(cid:272)ept (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause it does(cid:374)"t des(cid:272)ri(cid:271)e that relatio(cid:374)ship. Land and buildings and anything attached to them: real estate agent deals with housing, real property law comes from england (since 1066) Personal property: everything that is not real property, exc. Is either tangible (stuff you can see and touch) or intangible (exc. Fixtures: goods that are attached to real property (exc. Toilets: begin as personal property but when attached to real property they become real property, not all fixtures are real property (exc. Poster- degree of attachment is so thin: distinction needs to be made: those things that are really well attached (exc. Ceilings), stuff that would cause a lot of damage if you removed it. Things that are not intended to be permanent and can be removed easily are not real property, they are personal property.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers