Philosophy 1020 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Jason Kenney, Heterosexuality, Underweight

36 views3 pages

Document Summary

Docile body: a body that takes on the job of regulating the self. Bodies that comply without force to a set standard: ie, women work to make their bodies feminine, appeaking in the process to the male gaze. Because of the absence of force, we often understand the women"s engagement in beauty practices as a matter of choice. My hijab has nothing to do with oppression. 2011 ban on wearing a niqab during citizenship ceremony introduced by former immigration minister jason kenney, impacting approx. This is a society that is transparent, open and where people are equal, and that is just, i think we find that offensive harper. But: government regulations require that citizenship judges administer the oath with. Dignity and solemnity, allowing the greatest possible freedom in the religious solemnization or the solemn affirmation thereof. Zunera ishaq, 29, has challenged the ban on niqabs: while i recognize that it"s not for everyone, it is for me.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers