Psychology Discussion 2

24 views1 pages
Hey Jake,
This is a very interesting viewpoint on the subject. I completely agree with your statement that dreams
have meaning and I also believe that we remember our dreams because every single dream we have is
relevant to our lives in some way. I believe that dreams result from random collisions of thoughts
resulting in important information. Personally, I do find that sometimes dreams can feel extremely
random, however they are certainly not irrelevant. Every single dream we have no matter how random
it may seem is relevant to the dreamer's life in some way. There is always a connection between
something you saw, heard, felt, or thought at a recent time. I believe that the feeling of randomness in
dreams, is a result of the lack of time frame in memories of recent dreams as well as the random
collisions of thoughts. You will almost never hear an individual explain every single part of their dream in
exact detail. Individuals have approximately 4 to 6 dreams per night so it is very difficult to recall every
single dream in perfect detail. As well individuals usually only remember the most recent dream they
had prior to waking up. Dreams are often remembered in small pieces with blurry backgrounds. I can
see where people feel that dreams may be completely irrelevant to an individual's life, however, I too
believe that every single aspect of a dream is relevant to the dreamer's life.
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Get access

Grade+
$10 USD/m
Billed $120 USD annually
Homework Help
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
40 Verified Answers
Study Guides
1 Booster Class
Class+