Psychology 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Suggestibility, Critical Role, Sharpening

29 views4 pages
abdullah32 and 39352 others unlocked
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
111 documents

Document Summary

Associative networks: massive network of associated ideas and concepts: ex. Neural networks: each concept is represented by a node, or pattern of nodes, that become activated simultaneously: linked to neural networks. Declarative memory: our memory for factual knowledge, which is composed of two. Procedural memory: memory that is reflected in learned skills and actions. Memory for skills: motor skills (ex. skiing, cognitive skills. Ren descartes: famous psychologist (cid:498)i know that i exist, the question is, what is this (cid:494)i(cid:495) that i know? (cid:499) Some common sense about the self: continuous over time, past, present and in the future, singular sense of self, responsible for controlling the mind and body will power, determines your individuality. Memory"s influence on self perception: learning and skills, past experiences personal history, emotions likes and dislikes. Interactions with others (cid:498)looking glass self(cid:499): our perception of who we are as a person is dependent upon our memories.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers