PP111 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Mental Event, Epiphenomenalism, Dualism (Philosophy Of Mind)

53 views5 pages
17 Nov 2015
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Midterm: monday february 24 ba201 @4pm, mc or t/f- 60 questions, one best answer, check mls for key terms and instructions for the midterm. Therefore : i am not a physical object. The existence of my mind can be known (by me) with complete certainty, but this is not true of any physical object. (64: but is the fact that i cannot know physical objects with complete certainty a. Interactionism: this is the view that minds and bodies can causally interact with one another, the body affects the mind, the mind affects the body. Interactionist dualism: the mind is non-physical and yet the two interact. Very basic, very general physical laws require that certain physical quantities can be conserved (preserved) in any physical interactions involving physical objects (66) The interaction problem: how can an entity with no" physical properties causes changes in the physical properties of objects, momentum is not conserved in the interaction between non-physical minds and physical bodies.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers