PS102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Childhood Amnesia, Basal Ganglia, Occipital Lobe

46 views4 pages
28 Jan 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Long-term memory sometimes links strong emotion to vivid and detailed episodic memories. Not as accurate as they were presumed to be. Past material interferes with recall of newer material. New information interferes with ability to recall older information. Forgetting is a decrease in the ability to retrieve a previously formed memory. Forgetting: why do we forget: encoding failure. Details that are not important to us. Birth of new neurons in the hippocampus leads to decay of memories in that brain regions. Breakdown of acetylcholine in the synapse leads to memory loss. Strengthen consolidation of memories for intensely emotional experiences. Before 4 years of age: memories of faces, places, and skills but not episodic memories. Pie(cid:272)e together (cid:271)its of i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374) i(cid:374) (cid:449)ays that i(cid:374)tuiti(cid:448)ely (cid:862)(cid:373)ake se(cid:374)se(cid:863) The best place to study is the room where you will take the test. The more often a memory is retrieved, the stronger it will become.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers