PS282 Lecture Notes - Community Psychology, Real Change, Psych

63 views5 pages
23 Nov 2012
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Program must be: comprehensive, universally accessible, 7 years in duration, high quality, focus on child, family and community. 4 programs: child & family, home visiting, toy lending, before and after school activities, school focused, enrichment workers assisting children in classrooms, nutrition programs, parent focused, community focused. Empowerment in community psychology: empowerment involves, gaining and exercising greater power, cognitive, emotional and behavioural components, mutual and reciprocal relationships in settings, multiple levels, empowerment does not necessarily transfer across all levels. October 1st, 2012: empowerment doesn"t always lead to real change, citizen participation, decision making, voice in deliberation of community issues, means to an end, can increase commitment or community acceptance of a plan, an end itself. Power over: someone has power over us, e. g. ) Power to: individual power, i, myself, have power to do whatever i want. Power from: to be able to resist the power over, e. g. ) Power to resist someone trying to persuade you.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers