ADMS 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Pierre Bourdieu, Symbolic Interactionism, Feminist Sociology

38 views10 pages

Document Summary

Taking the role of the other chapter1-6: pay attention to theorists. 6 and poverty look over academic integrity test. Myth of meritocracy ( student"s pp slide on moodle) citations check over syllabus. Basic ideas of socialization culuter id, ego, super ego. Language and theoretical cultural functionalism social statificatiib ( know an example) sociological imagination c. w mills. You"re still a part of everything i do. You"re on my heart just like a tattoo (just like a tattoo, i"ll always have you. I"ll always have you, i"ll always have you) Enlightenment ridding the world of ignorance and superstition to have reasons and to be rational. France bacon: science can free people from ignorance. Renee descartes: mathematics can help with reasons. French theorist who invented the term sociology. French sociologist the came from an orthodox jewish family. Durckeim"s theories were seen as structural functionalism. Durkhein believed modern society lost the shared code of morality.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers